The SA Senate passed a bill to mandate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) training for all of its officials April 4.

The training sessions will aim to teach officials to appropriately handle situations involving  “cultural diversity, encompassing gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic background, veteran status, age, race, and more.”

The training will be spearheaded by the DEI committee. From a past DEI Training Feedback Survey, 95% of Student Association officials agreed that “diversity training is needed and should be mandated.”

The DEI committee will update the training each year and “collaborate with relevant campus departments, organizations, and experts to develop comprehensive and relevant training materials and resources.”

The bill was sponsored by sophomore Senators Sharon Lin and Winfred Lin and cosponsored by junior SA President Daniel Pyskaty. SA’s DEI Committee and sophomore Senators Helen Kim and Noah Hubley endorsed the bill.

Bader-Gregory and Lopez to lead SA

Sophomore Elijah Bader-Gregory, current SA vice president, will serve as SA president next year after beating first-year Sammy Randle III…

🔴 Live updates: Wallis Hall sit-ins

The Campus Times is live tracking the Wallis Hall sit-ins protest demanding the University of Rochester initiate academic divestment from Israel,…