Calculator Theft has Bookstore Boggled

Alyssa Arre, Photo Editor

1. On Feb. 22, University bookstore staff reported several calculators missing from their store, UR Security Investigator Roger Keirsbilck said.
According to staff, the calculators were taken over the period of several days.

The calculators collectively cost over $1000. Security has no information on a possible suspect.

Man sleeps in LeChase Hall

2. On Feb. 20, at 5:24 a.m., security officers found a man  sleeping inside Raymond D. LeChase Hall.

When questioned, the man said he was supposed to meet his brother, who he said was a student at UR.

Security officers checked for the brother but found no record of anyone matching the name.
The man cooperated with officers and was escorted from the building, Keirsbilck said.

Attempted theft from Hillside

3. On Feb. 24 a man was seen by Hillside staff tucking a can of soup under is arm.
According to Keirsbilck, the man stood at the checkout with another person who then paid for several other items. The man did not pay for the soup.

Staff asked him to stop and the man complied.

Staff then asked to see a receipt for the soup,  but he said that he had not purchased anything.

When asked about the soup, he replied that he had forgotten about it.
He then returned and paid for the soup.

Man denies peeing in public

4. On Feb. 24, at 2:17 a.m., a man reportedly urinated on the sidewalk between Wilder Tower and O’Brien Hall.

Security officers located a man in the area matching the suspects description.

The man stated that he had not been urinating in public and was somewhat uncooperative, at first refusing to show an ID. He finally relented and explained he was visiting a sudent.

He did not appear to be intoxicated.

Keirsbilck said the man was advised to stay with the student and “call it a night.”

Remus is a member of the class of 2016.
Information provided
by UR Security.

Live updates: Wallis Hall sit-ins

Editor’s Note (5/4/24): This article is no longer being updated. For our most up to date coverage, look for articles…

Dinner for Peace was an unconventional way of protesting for Palestine

The dinner showcased aspects of Palestinian culture. It was a unique way of protesting against the genocide, against the Israeli occupation, against the university’s involvement with the genocide.

Notes by Nadia: The myth of summer vacation

Summer vacation is no longer a vacation.