1. An unidentified individual or group defaced one of the large boulders outside Susan B. Anthony Halls on Thursday, April 12 between 1:30 and 6:40 a.m.
According to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty, the boulder, which was originally decorated by members of the YellowJackets to publicize their spring show, was spray painted over with a set of Greek initials and an illustration of a penis.
Members of the YellowJackets have since repainted the boulder.
Individual caught in collection jar
2. A staff member witnessed a male individual, Bradley Schaeffer, 46, of Rochester, attempting to steal money from a collection jar in the fifth floor lounge in Wilmot Building on Thursday, April 12 at 1:29 p.m.
Schaeffer departed the premises, at which point the staff member followed him and directed Security officers to the suspect’s location.
According to Lafferty, the staff member had previously caught Schaeffer trespassing and tampering with the collection jar last month.
Schaeffer, who was found to have no affiliation with the University, was removed from the property after being issued a second ban form.
Dumpster diver ordered to desist
3. Security officers caught an individual riffling through the dumpster at the north end of Fauver Stadium on Sunday, April 15 at 9:02 a.m.
The individual, who was found to have no University affiliation, was warned and departed the property without further incident, Lafferty said.
Student experiences difficulty breathing
4. A student was transported from Gilbert Hall to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department on Thursday, April 12 at 1:06 a.m.
The student reported that she was experiencing difficulty breathing and was starting to lose her vision. She believes this was caused by a reaction to medication she had been given the previous day, according to Lafferty.
Wallet vanishes from Hirst Lounge
5. A student reported that his wallet was stolen from Hirst Lounge in Wilson Commons on Wednesday, April 11 between the hours of 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. The student told Security that he accidentally left his wallet in the lounge and, upon returning, found it gone. The wallet contained cash, credit cards, a license and various other papers, Lafferty said. No police report has been filed.
Sleeping man experiences breathing difficulties, pain
6. Security officers observed an individual sleeping on a bench in the exterior courtyard of the Miller Center at the Eastman School of Music on Saturday, April 14 at 10:18 a.m. The officers roused the individual, who stated that he was experiencing chest pains and was having difficulty breathing.
According to Lafferty, the individual was transported to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department for further evaluation and care.
Gould is a member of the class of 2014.
Information provided by UR Security.