1. Rodrick Plant, 31, of Rochester, was arrested on Thursday, Jan. 20, ending the investigation into the theft of a number of projectors from Morey and Schlegal Halls on Jan. 15-18, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty.
Plant was charged with burglary, possession of stolen property and grand larceny. He denied involvement in the theft of two laptop computers between Jan. 12-17. The cases are pending adjudication.
Replica pellet gun found in Sigma Alpha Mu
2. A replica pellet gun was identified in a third floor room of the Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity House on Jan. 17 by Security officers, after a facilities employee thought it was a handgun.
According to Lafferty, the gun was confiscated, but it was reported that the item had been used as a prop in a film class. The Dean of Students Office will review the situation further.
Cell phone disappears from Morey 321
3. On Jan. 20, a student reported the theft of a cell phone accidentally left in Morey 321. According to Lafferty, the student claimed to have left the phone unattended for about 15 minutes, during which time it was stolen.
iPod case stolen from Sigma Chi
4. A student reported that an iPod case was stolen from his first floor room in the Sigma Chi Fraternity House on Jan. 13, by an unidentified suspect. According to Lafferty, the student said that his door was shut but unsecured. No police report was filed.
Mystery man at Eastman School of Music
5. An unidentified individual with no affiliation to the University entered the main hall of the Eastman School of Music on Jan. 20.
According to Lafferty, he could not provide a sufficient explanation for his presence and was escorted from the property.
Unattended stove burner causes fire alarm
6. After responding to a fire alarm in the University Park apartments on Monday, Jan. 24, officers removed a pot of food left unattended on a stove burner, which they determined to be the cause for the alarm. They then opened windows to air out the smoke.
According to Lafferty, the Rochester Fire Department reset the system, and the resident was warned and advised. No damages were sustained.
Individual sent to hospital after breathing trouble
7. According to Lafferty, Security officers and MERT staff brought a victim from Frederick Douglass Dining Hall to the Rochester General Hospital.
The victim was having trouble breathing trouble that may have been associated with a prior condition.
Goldin is a member of
the class of 2013.
by UR Security.