The Rochester Americans take on the Hamilton Bulldogs Friday at the Blue Cross Arena at War Memorial Square.

The Amerks have turned things around from last season’s disastrous start, leading the North Division two weeks into the season with a 5-2 record as of Oct. 28. Among lead players are right-wing Jason Pominville, ranked sixth in scoring with nine points and goalie Ryan Miller, ranked third in goal tending with a goaltending average of 94.5 percent. The Bulldogs of Hamilton, Ontario are currently in fifth place in the seven team North Division.

Hockey action in Rochester will be heating up even more in several weeks with the arrival of the NHL Buffalo Sabres who will be playing many home games in Rochester. Tickets can be purchased from Ticketmaster or at the Amerks box office. For details see http://www.amerks.com.

Schloss can be reached at aschloss@campustimes.org.

An open letter to all members of any university community

I strongly oppose the proposed divestment resolution. This resolution is nothing more than another ugly manifestation of antisemitism at the University.

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…