Yellowjackets baseball beat Hamilton College on Tuesday and RIT on Friday to the scores of 11–4 and 7–4, respectively.

Hamilton scored first in the bottom of the first when senior Jack Griffin (RF) singled to left, scoring sophomore Taylor Kaufman (LF). Griffin then stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error which scored senior Shane Dux (C).

First-year Sammy Besztery (SS) singled to left for UR in the top of the second, scoring first-year Ethan Jaquette (CF). 

In the bottom of the inning, Hamilton junior Greg Kopp (2B) grounded out to second base, scoring senior Jackson Johns (SS). 

Come the third inning, UR junior Colby Cruser (DH) homered to right, scoring senior Josh Leadem (RF/P) and senior Jackson Reed (2B). Next, Besztery doubled to center, scoring senior Dan Tirabassi (1B) and senior Luke Gregory (LF).

In the fourth, Reed scored on a wild pitch. 

In the sixth, junior Joe Sicilliano (C) grounded out to short, scoring graduate student Henry Jamieson (3B). 

UR scored again in the ninth when Cruser singled to the pitcher, scoring Leadem. Then, Jacquette singled to right, scoring Gregory and senior Quincy Jaksch (PR). 

Hamilton first-year Chester Boynton (PR/2B) scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth. 

Rochester used five pitchers in the game, with senior Thomas Blaydes earning the win over three scoreless innings pitched.

Hamilton used 10 pitchers in the 11–4 loss; they surrendered 10 earned runs on 12 hits, two walks, and two hit batsmen. 

The Yellowjackets then played RIT on Friday, winning 7–4.

UR scored first in the first when graduate student Dylan Stezzi (CF) singled to right, scoring Cruser and Leadem. Next, Stezzi and senior Alec Ellison (1B) executed a double steal of second and home, respectively. 

RIT answered back in the bottom of the innings when senior Kyle Poorman (C) tripled to right, scoring sophomore Trent Rapp (1B) and junior Adam Marsh (RF).

In the second, Leadem hit a sacrifice fly to center, scoring first-year Luke Blozy (C).

UR next scored in the eighth when Besztery reached on a pitcher’s error from a sacrifice bunt, scoring Stezzi. Jaksch attempted a sacrifice as well, leading to another pitcher error and Besztery scoring from third. Jaksch scored on yet another pitcher error, this time from an attempted pick off of Leadem.

RIT junior Randy Dodig (SS) scored on a passed ball in the bottom of the inning.

In the bottom of the ninth, RIT junior Sam Kulp (CF) singled to left, scoring sophomore Charlie Slaymaker (3B).

UR started senior Nolan Sparks, who pitched eight innings, allowing six hits, three runs, none of them earned, and striking out 15 batters. Senior Magnus Siverston took over in the ninth, pitching 0.2 innings and allowing one earned run on two hits. Blaydes closed the game, pitching 0.1 innings. 

Graduate student Alex Slotter started the game for RIT, pitching 5.1 innings and allowing four earned runs on seven hits and two walks. Graduate student Eric Sipling took the mound next, allowing three runs, none earned, on no hits and two walks. Sophomore Luc Rising pitched the final 1.1 innings and allowed no baserunners. 

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…

Recording shows University statement inaccurate about Gaza encampment meeting

The Campus Times obtained a recording of the April 24 meeting between Gaza solidarity encampment protesters and administrators. A look inside the discussions.