For those who aren’t familiar, let me introduce you to za’atar: it’s a middle eastern spice made from a delicious combination of sesame seeds, dried sumac, salt, and other spices such as oregano and thyme. If you don’t know about za’atar, get acquainted. It is amazing sprinkled on hummus, chicken, and roasted vegetables (especially carrots). This recipe will make it easy to eat your veggies!
10 minutes prep
18 minutes cook
- 1 bunch of medium sized carrots (bonus points if they’re all different fun shapes and from the farmers market)
- 1 tsp of za’atar
- Kosher salt
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 450 F convection roast.
- Clean and peel the carrots. Optional: cut the tops off.
- Put on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and mix so well coated. Add the za’atar and kosher salt, mix one more time. Sprinkle more seasoning if desired.
- Bake approximately 15-18 min. or until tender enough to be pierced with a fork.