1. On Friday, Oct. 11, at 5:12 p.m., Public Safety officers found two men loitering in a stairwell at the Eastman School of Music.
The men, who were not affiliated with UR, said they had come to use the computers in the basement lab and that there was a third person still there. Officers escorted the two men to the lab and found the other individual. The men were told that the lab was for staff, faculty, and students only.
Officers then identified and escorted the men from the building without further incident.
Local man caught watching Eastman students
2. On Saturday, Oct. 12, at 8:12 a.m., officers found a man outside the Eastman School of Music who appeared to be watching students enter and exit the building.
Officers approached the man and asked if he was affiliated with UR. The man said he was not, and officers told him not to enter University property without a legitimate reason.
The man cooperated and left the area but was later seen across the street at the Miller Center. Rochester Police officers responded to the scene, where they identified and sent the man away.
Student microwaves metal, causes kitchen fire
3. On Sunday, Oct. 13, at 6:25 p.m., officers responded to Gilbert Hall after reports of a fire. A student told responding officers that the fire was caused by a microwave oven on the fourth floor. Officers then activated the fire alarm and evacuated the building.
Officers later found that the fire had been caused by a student who had placed aluminum foil in the microwave. The Rochester Fire Department arrived and extinguished the fire. No other damage or injuries were reported. Firefighters advised the student to no longer put metal in microwaves.
Basement leaks at Theta Chi house
4. On Sunday Oct. 13, at 1:38 a.m., officers responded to reports of a water leak in the basement of the Theta Chi fraternity house.
Upon arriving, officers discovered a damaged sprinkler line and proceeded to shut off the water and notify Facilities. One resident told officers that he had seen someone jumping up and grabbing the sprinkler line several hours prior to the report.
amos is a member of the class of 2015.
Information provided by UR Public Safety.