1. An individual attempted to exit the Commons without paying for his soup on Friday, March 30 at 9:49 p.m. According to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty, the individual became disruptive when staff attempted to direct him to the back of the line to pay. A student then bought the suspect’s soup in an effort to fix the situation.
The individual was later found sleeping outside the Ruth Merrill Center in Wilson Commons. He was identified, found to have no affiliation to the University and left the property without further incident.
Campus Times found up in flames
2. Security officers found a pile of copies of the Campus Times on fire outside Sage Art Center after they were notified of the situation by a professor on Thursday, March 29 at 10:03 p.m. The officers extinguished the fire with a hose and the professor explained that he had heard a loud bang before seeing the fire.
Upon further examination, officers located four unexploded firecrackers and two exhausted firecrackers that appeared to cause the flames, according to Lafferty.
The Rochester Fire Department was then called to make sure the remnants of the fire were removed safely and the scene was secure.
Sue B. thief snipes iPod
3. A student’s iPod touch was reported stolen from the sixth floor kitchen of the Susan B. Anthony Residence Halls on Friday, March 30 between the hours of 4 and 5 a.m.
According to Lafferty, the student had left the iPod in the kitchen and returned later, after realizing he had left it behind, to find it missing. No police report has been filed.
Individual naps near Eastman School
4. An individual was found napping in Barrett Alley behind two dumpsters near the Eastman School of Music on Saturday, March 31 at 12:53 p.m.
According to Lafferty, the individual was found to have no affiliation with the University, was issued a ban form and asked to leave the University property immediately.
Purse plucked from Starbucks
5. A student’s purse was reported stolen from Starbucks in Wilson Commons on Thursday, March 29 at 11:10 p.m. According to Lafferty, the student searched for the purse in the surrounding area but could not find it. No police report has been filed.
Former employee lingers on campus
6. A former Wilson Commons employee was spotted sitting outside Hillside Market on Wednesday, March 27 at 6:50 p.m. Security officers located the suspect after he had exited Sue B. and was headed toward Library Lot.
According to Lafferty, the suspect claimed to be on campus to see if he was needed in Wilson Commons. He was issued a ban form and left University property without further incident.
Cozen is a member of the class of 2015.
Information provided by UR Security.