1. An unidentified suspect broke into four secured classrooms as well as a mailroom over the weekend, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty. The rooms are located on the 4th and 5th floors of Morey Hall.
The incident occurred between 9:00 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 15 and 7:50 a.m. Monday, Jan. 17.
The suspect gained entrance to the rooms by breaking the windows on the doors, which allowed him or her access to the door handle.
Ceiling-mounted projectors were stolen from the classrooms but nothing was stolen from the mailroom. The estimated value of the stolen projectors is approximately $6,000.
A police report has been filed.
X-box, controller and guitar missing
2. A student residing in Valentine Tower reported that an unknown person had entered his suite and stolen his X-box game system, controller and guitar over winter break.
According to Lafferty, the incident is estimated to have happened between Sunday, Dec. 12 and Tuesday, Jan. 11.
The victim stated that the area was secure when he departed.
UR Security officers inspected the scene and found no signs of forced entry into the area. No suspects have yet been identified.
Computer bag stolen from classroom
3. On Wednesday, Jan. 12, a student’s computer bag was stolen from Meliora Hall 205. The victim had accidentally left it there after a class.
Upon returning to get the bag, the victim discovered it was gone. According to Lafferty, the theft was estimated to have taken place between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Suspicious individual enters dorm room
4. At 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 15, a female student was walking back to Susan B. Anthony Hall from the fraternity quad with a group of students. She claimed to have noticed an unfamiliar individual among the group.
Shortly after, the group of students entered Susan B. Anthony Hall and went back to their respective rooms. The unidentified individual followed them in.
Then the individual entered the student’s dorm room and laid on her bed. The female student told the individual to get up and leave, which he eventually did.
The suspect was reported to have been highly intoxicated.
Security officers conducted a thorough search of the building, but the suspect was not found.
Student sent to Strong after shaving accident
5. A UR undergraduate student from Hoeing Hall was taken by security to the emergency department of the Strong Memorial Hospital at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 15.
The student had cut him or herself on a razor blade while taking a shower.
Lim is a member of
the class of 2014.
by UR Security.