Super glue causes emergency
A graduate student reported that while she was sleeping in the lounge on the fourth floor of Wilson Commons an unidentified suspect poured super glue into one of her ear cavities at 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 23.
The victim reported she woke up in tremendous pain and saw the unidentified suspect walking away from the area.
The graduate student went to Strong Memorial Hospital for additional care. After her arrival, medical staff told UR Security that the victim might require surgery to remove the substance from her ear.
According to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty, no police report has been filed due to the high priority of the victim’s medical condition.
Panhandling in Riverview alarms students
Several students notified UR Security at 12:38 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 23, that there were two unidentified suspects panhandling at the Riverview apartment entrance.
According to Lafferty, security officers located the two suspects who had already left the property. Rochester Police Department was notified and responded to the call.
RPD identified the two suspects and advised them against such behavior in the future.
Neither of the suspects were affiliated with UR.
Seat incident at Eastman causes injury to a visitor
A visitor to the Eastman Theatre was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital via ambulance at 10:24 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 23, after sustaining a laceration to the back of his head.
According to Lafferty, the visitor went to sit down on the seat but the seat had returned to an upright position.
The visitor missed the seat and struck his head when he fell back.
Wrestling with friends becomes dangerous
An undergraduate student was transported from Anderson Hall to Strong Memorial Hospital at 3:37 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21.
According to Lafferty, the student sustained a shoulder injury from wrestling with friends.
Cell phone stolen during student’s shower
While showering in a women’s restroom on the sixth floor of Susan B. Anthony Residence Halls, a student’s cell phone was stolen out of her shower caddie by an unidentified suspect between 9:45 and 10 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21.
According to Lafferty there was no police report filed.
Severe pain brings student to Strong
An undergraduate student who was experiencing severe pain in his side was transported from Hopeman Engineering Building to Strong Memorial Hospital via ambulance at 9:11 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21, according to Lafferty’s report.
Steam from food items activates fire alarm
Security officers responded to a call at Whipple Park at 8:36 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21, for a fire alarm. The officers found that the cause for the activated fire alarm was steam from food items being prepared by a resident. There was no damage or injuries and the officers reset the system.
Berkowitz is a member of the class of 2012.
Information provided by UR Security.