Professor David Primo is an associate professor of political science at the University. His second book received the 2008 Alan Rosenthal Prize awarded by the Legislative Studies Section of the American Political Science Association, and he is now hard at work on his third book, ‘Models with Meaning: Reimagining the Science of Politics.”

At UR, he currently teaches courses in American politics, public policy and positive political theory. Primo was a recipient of a 2005 Goergen Award for Distinguished Achievement and Artistry in Undergraduate Education, as well as a 2005 Undergraduate Professor of the Year Award given by the UR Students’ Association.

What made you want to go into political science?
For better or for worse, public policies have a huge effect on our everyday lives and I think that it is important to understand how those policies are created.

If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why?
I would like to visit the most remote location in the world just to see how quiet things could really be.

You’re stranded on a desert island and can only bring three things. What would they be?
A laptop with Wifi, my recliner and a picture of my wife (if she can’t come with me).

What was the funniest incident in your college life?
I told my future wife that I did not believe in marriage, and she said, ‘With an attitude like that you’ll never get married.” As usual, she was right, and I’ve obviously changed my view since!

What would be the one song that describes you?
Last year I dressed up as Neil Diamond for Halloween, so let’s go with his classic freedom-loving song ‘America.”

Pick a super power.
I would like to be able to fly.

Clark is a member of the class of 2012.

Gaza solidarity encampment: Live updates

The Campus Times is live tracking the Gaza solidarity encampment on Wilson Quad and the administrative response to it. Read our updates here.

Making first impressions: Don’t get stuck in your head

Perhaps the only way to prevent yourself from sinking into that ocean of once-seen faces, to light a rescue beacon before it’s too late, is to do something remarkable.