Michele GruenClass: 2007Sport: SwimmingMAJOR: Undecided

high school: Hamden Hall Country Day School, Hamden, Conn.

ideal day off: Hanging out with friends and watching movies.Favorite OTHER sports: Basketball.Favorite books: “The Da Vinci Code” and “Harry Potter.”Favorite food: Pizza and ice cream.favorite movie: “American Pie”Plans after college: Not sure yet.expectations for the season: Make NCAA championships and have an undefeated duel meet record.Favorite athletic memory: Setting the record in the 800-meter free relay at UAA championships last year.Why Michele is the athlete of the Week: Michele won the 1,000 and 500 freestyles and swam on the winning 400 freestyle relay.

Pete MaxwellClass: 2005Sport: SwimmingMAJOR: Biology

high school: McQuaid Jesuit High School, Rochester, N.Y.

ideal day off: Spending a sunny day on a finger lake.Favorite OTHER sport: Right now, it’s golf.Favorite book: “The Phantom Tollbooth”Favorite food: Chickenfavorite movie: “Spinal Tap”Plans after college: Go to graduate school of education.expectations for the season: None.Favorite athletic memory: Sectional V finals for volleyball.Why Pete is the athlete of the Week: Pete won the 200-meter freestyle, the 100 backstroke and was on the winning team for the 400 freestyle relay.

The Clothesline Project gives a voice to the unheard

The Clothesline Project was started in 1990 when founder Carol Chichetto hung a clothesline with 31 shirts designed by survivors of domestic abuse, rape, and childhood sexual assault.

Furries on UR campus?

A few months ago, as I did my daily walk to class through the tunnels to escape the February cold,…