The man suspected of sexually assaulting a UR undergraduate in her River Campus dorm room in late October was arrested Nov. 20 by the Rochester Police Department.

Darren Snelgrove, a post-doctorate working in the Department of Chemistry, was charged with sexual misconduct at an arraignment hearing in Rochester City Court the following day.

The alleged assault occurred early in the morning on Sunday, Oct. 29, said UR Security Investigator Dan Lafferty. The female student sought medical care later at University Health Service.

Officers consulted the female, and she filed a complaint with RPD.

Snelgrove, 30, of 219 Congress Ave., faces a charge of first-degree sexual misconduct, a misdemeanor. This charge implies that sexual relations with another individual occured against the person?s will.

Snelgrove could not be reached for comment.

He is scheduled to appear in Rochester City Court on Monday, Dec. 11 at 9:30 a.m.

The Clothesline Project gives a voice to the unheard

The Clothesline Project was started in 1990 when founder Carol Chichetto hung a clothesline with 31 shirts designed by survivors of domestic abuse, rape, and childhood sexual assault.

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…