Students found smoking in the lobby of DeKiewiet (Southside)

1.On Friday, Jan. 24th at 1:21 a.m., a Public Safety Officer responded to the lobby of DeKiewiet Tower after a report of potential smoking inside the building. The responding officer found two undergraduates in the lobby smoking cigarettes. The two students stated that it was too cold to smoke outside. Both complied after being told to put out their cigarettes. The students were the policy regarding smoking in and around buildings and were advised to dress warmer if they needed to go out and smoke.

Fire alarm in Whipple Park due to pot on stove

2. On Thursday, Jan. 23rd at 9:38 a.m., Public Safety Officers responded to a fire alarm in a Whipple Park apartment. The officer located the apartment, but no one answered the door. Upon entry, the officer found smoke in the apartment. The officer located a pot on the stove with the burner on. The officer removed the pot and placed it in the sink. The occupants of the apartment were not immediately located. The area was ventilated and the alarm reset. No damages or injuries were reported.

Man suspected of stealing from bookstore.

3. On Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, staff at the Barnes & Noble bookstore in the Frederick Douglass Building reported seeing a suspicious man in the store the day before at 5:30 p.m. The staff members said that the man was just walking around looking at different textbooks for an extended amount of time. When asked if he needed assistance, the man replied that he was just killing time, the staff stated that the man left.  But they did not know if he took anything. They said they had received information about a man going to different bookstores attempting to steal items and felt that this might be the same man.

Gannett bathroom hanging by a thread

4. On Sunday, Jan. 26th, at 1:52 a.m., a student aide reported a damaged bathroom stall door in the Gannett wing of Susan B. Anthony Hall. A responding Public Safety Officer found the door hanging from just one hinge. The officer stated that someone had likely hung on the door, causing the hinge to break away from the wall. No one was identified as being responsible.

Ramos is a member of the class of 2015.
Information provided by UR Public Safety.

Tips on burnout from someone who’s been there

If you're on the road to burnout, or even burnt to a crisp already, here are some realistic tips on how to work through it!

CCC: see a c-list app sinking in a sea of mediocrity 

There’s a dearth of passion projects: I haven’t downloaded an app out of interest or joy in over five years.

Three headlines and a lie

Three of these headlines are real and one is faker than promising “let’s get coffee if you’re ever in town!” Can you spot the odd one out?