1. An individual wearing a towel around his neck refused to stop when leaving the Goergen Athletic Center on Thursday, Sept. 8 at 10:46 p.m., after a student employee told him to, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty.
Security officers located the individual on Library Road and determined that the towel wasn’t University property and that the individual was not affiliated with UR. The individual told officers that he didn’t stop because the towel he had was twice the size of UR’s towels.
iPad left at owner’s peril
2. A student in Susan B. Anthony Hall filed a delayed report for the theft of his iPad from his room sometime between Friday, Sept. 9 at 6 p.m. — when he last saw the Ipad on his bed — and Monday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m.
The student said the room may have been left unsecured and unattended during this time frame, but has not yet filed a police report, according to Lafferty.
Student hurt in staircase fall
3. A student was transported by ambulance from the exterior stairs of Hutchison Hall after falling backward down the stairs and striking his head on Monday, Sept. 12 at 5:17 p.m.
The student’s fall, the cause of which hasn’t been identified, was witnessed by a staff member who notified security, according to Lafferty.
Shady suspect spooks student
4. A female undergraduate notified UR Security after being approached by an unidentified individual while studying in Gleason Library on Monday, Sept. 5 at 1:18 a.m., according to Lafferty.
The student reported that the individual asked a series of strange questions but did not threaten her. She packed up to leave and the individual left the area. Officers couldn’t find the suspect in the surrounding area.
GPS thieves don’t need maps to motor away
5. Two individuals riding a motorcycle have been identified as suspects in a series of car break-ins that occurred in Wilson North Lot on Friday, Sept. 2 and Wednesday, Sept. 7 after investigators reviewed video footage of the area.
The footage shows the motorcycle enter the lot. One rider dismounts, commits the break-ins and rides away. The primary objects stolen were GPS units, Lafferty said.
Money peddling not okay
6. Officers observed an individual approaching vehicles and asking for money on Trustee Road near Intercampus Drive on Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 12:58 a.m.
The suspect was not affiliated with UR and left the property without incident after being warned to stay off UR property, Lafferty said.
Phone banditry on Genesee Street
7. A student was robbed while walking on Genesee Street on Saturday, Sept. 10 at 1:02 a.m. while returning from an off-campus party with a friend.
An unidentified suspect approached the two students and knocked a phone from one student’s hand. The suspect picked up the phone and fled the area, but did not use a weapon or threaten the student, who according to Lafferty has not yet filed a police report.
Sigma Chi dancing harasser
8. A student filed a delayed harassment report after being approached by an unidentified male suspect who asked her to dance at the Sigma Chi fraternity house on Friday, Sept. 10 at 1:00 a.m.
The suspect continued following the victim but eventually left the Sigma Chi house after the victim told brothers not to let him in, according to Lafferty. No police report has been filed.
Information provided by UR Security.
Buletti is a member of the class of 2013.