1. Shortly before 6 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 5, Security officers responded to a report of a broken window at Hoeing Hall, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty. At the scene, they located an ashtray that had been used to smash a window in one of the building’s exterior doors.
A 19-year-old intoxicated student, the only individual found in the area, was identified at the entrance of the building. He told officers that he had forgotten his ID card and was only trying to find a way to enter the building. The student was sent to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department due to his high level of intoxication.
Facilities was notified to board up the broken window.
Ankle demons strike at UR
2. According to Lafferty, a student was transported to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department on Feb. 6 to receive treatment for an ankle injury. The injury was obtained during a softball practice at Robert B. Goergen Athletic Center.
Thief chilly and starved of communication
3. A student who attended an event at the Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity house reported the theft of their coat and Blackberry phone between 10 p.m. on Feb. 5 and 2 a.m. on Feb. 6. The student had left the coat in the designated coat room, but the student realized that it was missing as they were preparing to leave the house. The student was to file a police report at a later time.
Ankle demons have grudge against Rochester students
4. After injuring their ankle while playing basketball in the Goergen Athletic Center on Feb. 4, a student was transported to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department for treatment.
Chemistry experiment goes awry
5. After responding to a fire alarm on the fourth floor of Hutchinson Hall on Feb. 2 at 4 p.m., Officers were told that a student had been working with chemicals under a fume hood when they caught fire. According to Lafferty, the student singed his beard and eyebrows and sustained burns to his forearms. He was transported to the Strong Hospital Emergency Department.
The building was evacuated, but occupants were allowed back inside once the fire department gave the all clear. Damages were constrained to the area in the lab where the student had been working.
Goldin is a member of
the class of 2013.
by UR Security.