The William. E. Simon Graduate School of Business Administration was ranked second in the nation for finance in a January 2005 study.

“It is a remarkable achievement that Simon is second in this ranking, with a faculty of about 40 tenure-track members, ahead of schools like Wharton and Stern, with faculty in the range of 150 to 200,” Dean of the Simon School Mark Zupan said, according to the press release.

“This is not something that was achieved overnight,” he said. “It took a lot of sustained effort from the faculty and staff.”

The study, titled “Research ranking of finance departments: A modified citation approach,” was conducted by Leon Page Professor of Finance at Western Kentucky University Kam. C. Chan, Professor at the Gordon Ford College of Business at Western Kentucky University Edward Wolfe and professor at University of Dayton Peter Lung.

Many students are very proud and honored to be attending such a school.

“Attending the Simon School has been one of the most humbling experiences for me,” first year graduate student Alex Okounev said.

The achievements of the Simon School have been steadily progressing over the past few years and the results this year have been great.

“Many of my classmates certainly agree that the MBA program provides numerous academic challenges during the two years we spend at Simon,” Okounev said. “However, given the school’s commitment to academic and professional excellence, and our drive to succeed, we don’t expect anything less.”

The school’s approach to business is an economic-based approach, along with a framework of viewing real world business problems in order to educate its students, ultimately resulting in students who are better prepared in their respective fields.

Ritterman can be reached at gritterman@campustimes.org.

The Clothesline Project gives a voice to the unheard

The Clothesline Project was started in 1990 when founder Carol Chichetto hung a clothesline with 31 shirts designed by survivors of domestic abuse, rape, and childhood sexual assault.

Notes by Nadia: The myth of summer vacation

Summer vacation is no longer a vacation.