The UR ‘A’ 400-yard medley relay team, consisting of freshman Daniel Linge, junior Richard Bailey, senior Mike McCormick, and Eric Schweigert, edged past the St. Lawrence University ‘A’ team. UR clocked in at 3:49.93, while St. Lawrence came in at 3:52.32.In the1,650 yard freestyle, freshman Zachary Freed took first place with a time of 17:03.42, gaining 9 points. Sophomore Sam Schrauth finished in 19:34.85, receiving third. UR swimmers freshman Craig Matt, senior Brian Immernman, and senior Mike Tynan took second, third, and fourth place respectively in the 200-yard freestyle match. Matt missed a first place finish by a margin of just 0.65 seconds.Junior Peter Maxwell slipped past sophomore Ian Areces in the 50-yard freestyle to grab third place. Areces completed the race in 24.08 seconds and Maxwell in 23.48 seconds. Matt dominated the 400-yard IM by taking an early lead and never looking back. He finished in first place by a solid 15.11 seconds. Tynan notched a third place finish with a time of 1:45.27 and freshman Alexander Wang came in sixth, just behind the fifth by a mere 0.43 seconds.In the 100-yard butterfly, McCormick excelled to a first place finish, followed by Immerman in third, and Tynan in fifth.Coming in second, third, and fourth respectively, Maxwell, Schweigert and Areces put in a solid performance, all finishing in just over the 50 second mark.Freed performs exceptionally again in the 500-yard freestyle. He won by just under 20 seconds, clocking in at 5:06.90. Schrauth comes in third and Alexander rounds out the group, placing sixth.In the 100-yard breastroke, Bailey placed in first with a time of 1:05.14. The race was one of the tightest. Only two seconds separated first and fourth. McCormick came in third at 1:07.64 and Wang came in sixth at 1:26.97.The UR ‘A’ team finished in first at 3:26.00 and the ‘B’ team finished in third at 3:38.23 in the 400-yard freestyle relay.The final score of the match-up between UR and St. Lawrence was 130-99. This brings the team’s record to 4-3 in head-to-head meets.Tice can be reached at ctice@campustimes.org.

Furries on UR campus?

A few months ago, as I did my daily walk to class through the tunnels to escape the February cold,…

Recording shows University statement inaccurate about Gaza encampment meeting

The Campus Times obtained a recording of the April 24 meeting between Gaza solidarity encampment protesters and administrators. A look inside the discussions.