Student sees own car burglarized from room

An undergraduate student reported that he heard a car alarm going off in Wilson North Lot on March 30 around 12:16 a.m. and, upon looking out from his room in Chambers, discovered that the alarm was coming from his own vehicle.

The student observed an unidentified suspect remove items from the trunk of his car and get into a pickup truck with another suspect.

The suspects then drove out of the lot and the student checked his car to find the suspects had broken out the driver side window.

The student also discovered that the suspects had accessed the truck and stole stereo equipment from the trunk, according to Security Investigator Dan Lafferty.

The property was estimated to be worth $1,500.

UR Security and the Rochester Police Department were notified and reports were filed.

Stereo equipment stolen from car

While watching the video monitors, the security dispatcher noticed a vehicle in Wilson North Lot with a missing window, according to UR Security.

The owner of the car was identified as an undergraduate who reported that between 1 and 6 a.m. on March 30 someone broke the window of his parked car and stole stereo equipment from his car.

The items were worth an estimated $700.

The victim will file a police report at a later time.

Eastman student sexually harassed

An undergraduate student at the Eastman School reported that between 4:20 and 4:35 p.m. on March 31 she was walking down the sidewalk at the corner of Main Street and Gibbs Street when a vehicle pulled up to the curb near her.

The driver of the vehicle said “Excuse me,” and the student looked towards the driver.

The driver started talking but the student was not able to understand what he was saying and walked away.

The driver of the vehicle, an unidentified male, made comments of a sexual nature as she walked away.

The student returned to her room and notified security, according to Lafferty.

Sony Playstations stolen from suite

A student residing in Kendrick reported that someone entered his unsecured suite and stole two Sony Playstations from the lounge of the suite between March 28 at 7:30 p.m. and March 29 at 5:30 a.m.

The victim reports that only the two units themselves were stolen and that the games and the controllers were left.

The two items are estimated in value at $400 and the victim was to file a police report via tel-serve, according to Lafferty.

Wallet stolen from Eastman bag

A student at the Eastman School of Music reported that someone stole her wallet out of her book bag. The bag was left unattended in a booth in the dining area at Eastman Common Building between midnight and 9 a.m. on March 29.

The wallet contained $56 cash, credit cards and other personal documents and papers, according to UR Security.

The victim was to file a police report via tel-serve.

Information providedby UR Security.

Schnee can be reached at cschnee@campustimes.org.

5 students banned from campus for Gaza solidarity encampment

UR has been banning community members from campus since November for on-campus protests, but the first bans for current students were issued this weekend.

Zumba in medicine, the unexpected crossover

Each year at URMC, a new cohort of unsuspecting pediatrics residents get a crash course. “There are no mistakes in Zumba,” Gellin says.