Hungry for some tasty ethnic food? The Chinese Students’ Association’s China Night offers the perfect opportunity to get a good meal and some entertainment.

Saturday night’s dinner will be held in Douglass Dining Center at 6 p.m. and will be followed by the China Night Performance at 8:30 p.m. in Strong Auditorium.

The dinner will be catered by the Golden Dynasty Chinese Restaurant and will feature a special dish of sticky rice wrapped in a lotus leaf.

“The dinner is buffet-style with fried rice, noodles and a chicken dish,” said senior and President of the Chinese Students’ Association Jess Yu. “The sticky rice is a more traditional entre. It’s sweet and chewy.”

Performances will include traditional arts such as ribbon and fan dances as well as modern hip-hop and skits.

“There will be a fashion show with traditional dresses and an opera singer,” Yu said.

Dr. Rujing Han, from Strong Memorial Hospital, will be performing traditional Chinese opera at the performance. Also, in celebration of the Chinese New Year ? which occurs on Tuesday, Feb. 12 ? a traditional lion dance will be performed.

China Night is the culmination of this week’s many events. “The purpose of the week is to let the UR community be aware of the Chinese culture and to help celebrate the Chinese New Year,” said sophomore and Chinese Student Association member Regine Wong.

Wong headed the group who organized a showcase of various Chinese arts, including tying Chinese knots, calligraphy and the use of chopsticks that took place in the Hirst Lounge on Wednesday

Tickets to China Night Dinner are available at the Common Market for $8, $3for the performance.

Miller can be reached at amiller@campustimes.org.

A reality in fiction: the problem of representation

Oftentimes, rather than embracing femininity as part of who they are, these characters only retain traditionally masculine traits.

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…