Did you like Riverdance? Do you want to see more great Irish performances? Then come see the well- known Sean Curran Company which will perform their signature dances on Jan. 26 and 27 at 8 p.m. in the Spurrier Dance Studio.

The Sean Curran Company, a New York-based ensemble, consists of nine dancers and founder Sean Curran. They will be presenting a wide variety of dances with scores ranging from traditional Irish mouth music to contemporary composers such as Sheila Chandran and Seamus Egan. Each dance, choreographed by Curran, is creative, inventive, and unique, saturated with his emotional repertoire. You must come see these dancers perform a thrilling show.

Curran is a graduate of New York University?s Tisch School of the Arts. He began dancing as a youth in traditional Irish step dancing and became renowned once he started working with the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company. Curran was also a cast member in the Off-Broadway percussion extravaganza ?Stomp.?

The Curran Company was formed in 1997 and has become well known throughout the country. The company will be touring nine national venues this year, including Boston, Pittsburgh and the Tanzwochen Danse Festival-Neuss in Germany.

The show is sponsored by the Dance Program, Wilson Commons Student Activities and the Arts Committee.

Tickets are $7 for students with UR ID and $10 for the general public and can be purchased at the Common Market in Wilson Commons. Pick up your ticket today and get ready to watch a fantastic show.

Gaza solidarity encampment: Live updates

The Campus Times is live tracking the Gaza solidarity encampment on Wilson Quad and the administrative response to it. Read our updates here.

The Clothesline Project gives a voice to the unheard

The Clothesline Project was started in 1990 when founder Carol Chichetto hung a clothesline with 31 shirts designed by survivors of domestic abuse, rape, and childhood sexual assault.