1. An individual, who staff recognized from prior incidents of theft at the store, was identified in the UR Bookstore on Saturday, Feb. 19 at 2 p.m.
According to UR Security Investigator Dan Lafferty, the individual asked for permission to access a section of the store that had been cordoned off.
His request was denied, but staff offered to retrieve books from the section for him.
The individual asked staff to locate a used textbook, but, when asked for additional identification to pay with a credit card, the individual claimed he’d be right back.  He never returned to the store, and Security officers were notified of the incident.

Medicine swiped from Hill Court

2. Residents of Munro House in Hill Court reported that an unidentified suspect entered their room, which was unsecured and unattended, and stole prescription medicine.
According to Lafferty, the incident occurred between Sunday,  Feb. 20 at 12  p.m. and Monday,  Feb. 21 at 8 a.m. No police report has been filed.

Student injures nose while playing basketball

3.  A medical student sustained a potentially broken nose while playing basketball at the Goergen Athletic Center on Feb. 21.
According to Lafferty, the student was transported to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department at 10:36 p.m.

Carbon monoxide sets off alarm

4. A carbon monoxide alarm was activated on Feb. 20 at 2:25 a.m. in an unoccupied suite of Riverview Building E. According to Lafferty, the carbon monoxide level was determined to be normal, and Somerset Management was asked to change the defective detector.

Student passes out in Sue B.

5.  A highly intoxicated 20-year-old student who does not attend UR was found passed out on a bench on the first floor of Susan B. Anthony Hall on Feb. 19 at 12:48 a.m. According to Lafferty, the individual had come to UR to attend a concert but did not know where he was or how he had gotten there. The student was transported to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department for evaluation and care.

Fire alarm goes off in Riverview

6. A student on the fourth floor of Riverview Building C activated a fire alarm when they removed a smoke detector from the ceiling. According to Lafferty, the alarm was removed because the student didn’t want it to go off while they were cooking. The detector was re-installed, and the student was warned against such actions in the future.


Goldin is a member of
the class of 2013.
Information provided
by UR Security.



Scars, romance, and the minds of youth

I was a Tumblr tween. And unfortunately, I was one of the many, many children who fell victim to the aestheticization of self-harm.

What how you spend your weekends really says about you

When the weekend comes around, I overthink and start to get a rush of anxiety. Why? Because I might be judged for not going out.

‘Speak No Evil’ is so AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

"Speak No Evil" is one of the best movies I’ve seen this year. But if I recommend it, nobody will ever talk to me again.