Photo courtesy of UR Athletics

1. How did you first get involved with running?

I’ve always done sports, but I honestly started running because my older brother enjoyed it, so I figured it might be fun. I soon fell in love with track and field.

2. What has been your proudest moment in the sport?

I don’t know that I can pick one moment. Any time I get to help my team win an event or score points (particularly at NYSCTC Championship meets) is pretty awesome. My favorite race is coming from behind in the 4x400m relay, when I get to chase down the other team’s anchor leg – especially if she’s from a rival team!

3. Who do you look up to most? Why?

I probably look up to Claire Crowther the most. She was the previous UR record holder in the 500m, a great athlete, a wonderful captain, and an all-around amazing person. Even after 2 years, I still miss running with her every week.

4. How did it feel to break two records at a single meet?

I don’t think it has sunk in yet. I’m still trying to wrap my head around that 500m time… I’m just glad I had enough strength left to make my teammates’ efforts worthwhile and help them break our previous 4×400 record from that meet last year.

5. How does it feel to be the top 500 meter runner in Division III?

I honestly cannot believe I’ve gotten to this point. It’s taken a lot of hard work, but I never thought I would get anywhere near this, no matter how hard I worked. I was good but not anything special in high school, then at UR a knee injury prevented me from running (or even really walking) all freshman year. After surgery, I wasn’t even sure I would be able to run again. I came back sophomore year and was suddenly faster than I had thought possible, and I’ve gotten stronger and faster every year since. That knee injury gave me eligibility for my Take Five year, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise! I’m just trying to enjoy myself and make the most of my last year of competitive running. Since the 500 isn’t an event in the NCAA Championship meet, I guess it’s time to see if I can make Nationals in the 400 now!

6. Do you have any rituals prior to running?

I don’t do a dance like Michelle Jenneke or anything. I always try to eat pasta the night before a meet. Other than that, I just try to visualize the race, do a normal warm-up and focus on getting out fast.

7. Would you rather roast marshmallows with Dr. Seuss or Harry Houdini? 

Definitely Dr. Seuss, his books were some of my favorites growing up!

Eber is a member of the class of 2017.

Bader-Gregory and Lopez to lead SA

Sophomore Elijah Bader-Gregory, current SA vice president, will serve as SA president next year after beating first-year Sammy Randle III…

UR Womens’ Lacrosse trounces Nazareth 17-5

UR’s Womens’ Lacrosse team beat Nazareth University 17–5 on Tuesday at Fauver Stadium.