Alyssa Arre, Photo Editor

Alyssa Arre, Photo Editor

The men’s and women’s cross-country teams competed at the NCAA DIII Atlantic Regional hosted by SUNY Geneseo last Saturday. With clear skies and temperatures in the mid-50s, the race, which went through Letchworth State Park, produced several UR records, with the women finishing 13th and the men taking sixth.

Seniors Adam Pacheck and Yuji Wakimoto led the way for  the men’s team, finishing in ninth and 12th place, respectively. Both posted career-best times in the 8-kilometer run, with Pacheck finishing at 25:21 and Wakimoto at 25:27.

Senior John Bernstein, sophomore Jeremy Hassett, and senior Justin Roncaioli were UR’s third, fourth, and fifth runners, respectively, all finishing in the top 90 with times under 27:50. The displacers were junior Andrew Zeccola and senior David DeLong.

Sophomore Catherine Knox led the women’s team and placed 37th with a time of 22:41. Next for the YellowJackets was senior Danielle Bessette, who finished 23:02 in 62nd place. The remaining scorers for UR were juniors Jennifer Klemenz, Victoria Stepanova, and Caitlyn Garbarino. Fellow junior Kathryn Woodworth and sophomore Anya Joynt were the displacers.

The race was the final event of the season for almost all UR runners. For Pacheck and Wakimoto, however, their times were strong enough to earn All-Region honors and qualification into the NCAA National Championships, which will take place at Hanover College in Hanover, Ind. this Saturday at 11 a.m.

Pacheck is a member of the class of 2017.

The Clothesline Project gives a voice to the unheard

The Clothesline Project was started in 1990 when founder Carol Chichetto hung a clothesline with 31 shirts designed by survivors of domestic abuse, rape, and childhood sexual assault.

Recording shows University statement inaccurate about Gaza encampment meeting

The Campus Times obtained a recording of the April 24 meeting between Gaza solidarity encampment protesters and administrators. A look inside the discussions.

Furries on UR campus?

A few months ago, as I did my daily walk to class through the tunnels to escape the February cold,…