1. At 2:09 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, a student and member of Sigma Chi Fraternity stepped outside to find someone urinating on the front porch of the house.
After approaching the individual and telling him to stop and leave the area, the suspect punched him in the face.
Other brothers were able to separate them. The suspect, who was warned, advised and released, was identified as a student and a member of another campus Greek organization.
The Sigma Chi brother who was punched refused both medical care and a police report.
Man found trespassing at Riverview
2. Craig Dyer, a 55-year-old Rochesterian, was found rummaging through a dumpster at the Riverview Apartments complex after having previously been issued a ban form instructing him to stay off University property.
Dyer was arrested for trespassing and issued an appearance ticket.
Underage student found intoxicated
3. At 12:08 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 26, concerned officers approached a stumbling individual in the grassy area on Fraternity Road at Wilson Boulevard.
The individual was identified as an 18-year-old undergraduate and admitted to drinking at an off -campus location.
After being evaluated by MERT, he was found to need no further medical care. Officers gave him a warning and released him.
Video equipment found in Meliora trash
4. A staff member in Meliora Hall found a video camera and tripod in the garbage on the second floor of the building at 8:45 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 27.
Responding officers collected the items for safekeeping. Ownership of the items remains unknown.
Sweatshirt stolen in Goergen Athletic Center
5. Between the hours of 12:15 and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, a sweatshirt was stolen from a coat rack in Goergen Athletic Center. The student was working out and reported the theft upon returning to the rack.
The individual’s University I.D. and keys were in the pocket of the sweatshirt. No police report was filed.
Asthma attack sends undergraduate to Strong
6. At 2:47 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, a student experiencing problems associated with asthma was taken in an ambulance from Wilson Commons to the Strong Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department for evaluation and care.
Calculator stolen in Rush Rhees Library
7. An undergraduate student filed a report for a calculator that was stolen on Sunday, Sept. 19. The student had been studying in the 300-Level of the old stacks in Rush Rhees Library and left the calculator in a textbook during a bathroom break. The theft was reported on Monday, Sept. 27.
Ostrander is a member of the class of 2013.
Information provided by UR Security.