Slight bump in Take Five

Eighty-eight Take Five applications were turned in before Monday’s deadline, an increase from the 71 applicants who applied last fall. on average, there’s often more than 70 applicants.

According to the Associate Director at the College Center for Academic Support Sean Hanna, 78 of the 88 applicants are seniors. There are seven applicants from students for the Hajim School of Engineering (one of whom is a dual degree student), and nine are from the Eastman School of Music (two of which are dual degree students).

Conor Willis is a member
the class of 2011.

Semester at sea for Phamdo

Junior Eric Phamdo was one of five students selected from a nationwide applicant pool to be awarded the Semester at Sea Scholarship. The scholarship pays half the expenses for a tour of eight different countries.

Participants were required to submit an essay answering why they wanted the scholarship, as well as a creative photo that visualizes a semester at sea. Phamdo’s photo was of him and a seal looking face-face on a beach.

Phamdo is the second UR student to win the scholarship since it started in 1963.

Jerome Nathaniel is a member
the class of 2011

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…

Dinner for Peace was an unconventional way of protesting for Palestine

The dinner showcased aspects of Palestinian culture. It was a unique way of protesting against the genocide, against the Israeli occupation, against the university’s involvement with the genocide.