A male undergraduate student walking back from the River Campus to his Riverview Apartments residence was accosted by two suspects on Sept. 14, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty.

The student reported that at about 8:35 p.m., two young teens aged between 13 and 15 followed him to South Plymouth Ave.

One suspect demanded money from the student, who did not respond.

A second suspect, who appeared to be holding a toy handgun, struck the student. He attempted to strike again but was deflected by the student. The victim was not injured.

The suspects then fled down Plymouth Ave. toward Genesee St. They were apprehended by Rochester police and UR Security officers shortly after the victim phoned an emergency 911 call upon returning to his apartment.

One suspect surrendered immediately, but the second was chased down a pedestrian path near Elmwood Ave. by the police.

When the police eventually caught the suspect, they found him carrying a chain cutter and pry bar. A police report will be filed at a later date.

Suspect steals from sleeping victims

According to Lafferty, a Tiernan Hall resident reported items stolen from her room while she was sleeping between 12:30 and 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 10.
The unidentified suspect entered her room between 12:30 and 7:30 a.m. and took her I.D. card, cell phone and cash from her wallet.

The student reported that her wallet had been moved from the floor where it was the evening before, to her desk, here it was when she woke up. The door had been closed but unlocked that night, and the student also found it propped open with her sneaker in the morning.

Another resident on the hall heard the suspect trying door knobs at around 6 a.m. The suspect had tried to open her door but failed to, discovering it was locked. The resident reported that the suspect continued to try doors down the hall. A police report will be filed in the future.

Rugby player suffers severe blow

Medical Emergency Response Team, UR Security and the Rochester Fire Department arrived at the athletic field behind Southside Living Center in response to calls reporting an undergradate student injury.

According to Lafferty, the student had injured his neck while playing rugby with the University Rugby Club.

When Security responded, officers found a MERT member keeping the victim’s head still. The victim was lying down when more medical help arrived.

The student reported he had sustained a blow to the top of his head and felt severe neck pain immediately after.

A Strong Memorial Hospital ambulance was sent to transport the student to the Emergency Department for evaluation and care.

Information provided by UR Security.

Leber is a member of the class of 2011.

UR Softball continues dominance with sweeps of Alfred University and Ithaca College

The Yellowjackets swept Alfred University on the road Thursday, winning both games by a score of 5–4.

Recording shows University statement inaccurate about Gaza encampment meeting

The Campus Times obtained a recording of the April 24 meeting between Gaza solidarity encampment protesters and administrators. A look inside the discussions.

Live updates: Wallis Hall sit-ins

Editor’s Note (5/4/24): This article is no longer being updated. For our most up to date coverage, look for articles…