Would it be possible for the campus times to include this in their list of upcoming student events?

MEDIA CONTACT: Tanisha Lisle (585) 274-0085 or Helene Snihur (585) 275-7800

March 21, 2005

EVENT: The 13th annual Crimson & Creme Benefit Ball, sponsored by the PiBeta chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

TIME, DATE, AND PLACE: 8 p.m. Friday, April 8, at the Rochester Club BallRoom, 120 East Ave., Rochester. ADMISSION: Tickets are $22 and are available at the Common Market in WilsonCommons on the University of Rochester’s River Campus

The Pi Beta chapter of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., will host theCrimson & Creme Benefit Ball at 8 p.m. Friday, April 8, at the RochesterClub Ball Room located at 120 East Ave. in Rochester. This event, whichserves as the primary fundraiser for the Denise Y. Giles MemorialScholarship, is open to the general public. Tickets for the ball are $22 andare available at the Common Market in Wilson Commons on the University ofRochester’s River Campus.

Denise Y. Giles, a member of the Pi Beta chapter who earned her bachelor’sdegree from the University of Rochester in 1989, dedicated her life toserving others. She was employed by the Association of Retarded Citizens andworked tirelessly with the disabled. She passed away in November of 1989.

The Denise Y. Giles Scholarship is awarded annually to an undergraduatestudent attending the University of Rochester, SUNY Brockport, or RochesterInstitute of Technology who is dedicated to serving his or her respectivecommunity. Criteria for the scholarship include leadership, academicexcellence, and community service; candidates also must submit a writtenessay and present a speech.

The Crimson & Creme Benefit Ball will feature live entertainment, musicpresented by a DJ, and an oratorical contest. For more information, contactTanisha Lisle at (585) 274-0085.

Zumba in medicine, the unexpected crossover

Each year at URMC, a new cohort of unsuspecting pediatrics residents get a crash course. “There are no mistakes in Zumba,” Gellin says.

Riseup with Riseman

“I decided to make one for fun — really poor quality — and I put it on my Instagram just to see how people would react," Riseman said.