Hi guys, it’s Adina, and today on CT Cooks we’re gonna be making a healthy-ish apple crisp. Thanksgiving is coming up, and we all know that dessert is the best part, but it usually comes with a lot of unnecessary calories and fat. So I’ve made an apple crisp recipe that’s just as good as the regular version, but just a little bit better for you!
This time, we not only have the recipe, but a fun video to walk you through the whole cooking process as well!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- Pie Dish
- 2 Large Bowls
- Large Spoon
- Cutting Board
- 3-4 large apples (can add up to 5 for a fuller crisp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tTbsp flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Peel and core apples and chop into 3/4 inch pieces and combine with cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and orange juice.
- Combine the rolled oats, chopped pecans and brown sugar into a bowl and work in coconut oil with a spoon until the mixture has a sandy consistency.
- Add the filling to the pie dish and top with desired amount of crumble.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until done.