Drue Sokol, Photo Editor

Freshmen elections officially came to an end on Wednesday, Sept. 12 when the Students’ Association (SA) announced this year’s picks for Class Council, Senate and Hall Councils.

The 2016 Class Council comprises Grant Dever, Alex Dwulit, Mikako Harata, Daniel Hargrove, Allen Liu, Douglas Reyes, Ulrik Soderstrom and Elisabeth Watson.

After what many students described to be a close senatorial race and an unprecedented 1,805 votes, the Class of 2016 elected freshmen Wesline Manuelpillal, Luke Metzler, Anthony Salazar and David Stark.

When asked about his goals for the year, Stark said the question was “difficult to answer” because meetings have not yet begun.

He did however express optimism that he would accomplish  a lot this year and “follow through with his campaign promises,” which include extending the hours at Douglass Dining Center and providing students with more fresh produce.

“I’d like to see strong involvement by the students to let [the SA] know what they want to get done,” Salazar said. Specifically, he mentioned  his agenda to ameliorate the long lines in Douglass Dining Center and Danforth Dining Hall, and “figure out a better system for the … post office” inside Todd Union.

According to the SA website, Senate is composed of 18 Senators, whose function is to make and implement decisions that enhance student life, from housing to dining services to safety.

Teitelman is a member of the class of 2016.

Graduating senior revealed as Rocky

Senior Mahir Khan will be the only Rocky graduating this year. Khan said that his experience as Rocky the Yellowjacket has not only allowed him to channel his school spirit but also to better his experience at UR.

Choose your own Commencement

You see a fun article on the Campus Times website. Do you want to read it? Yes (proceed to article) or No (proceed to article anyway)

The increasingly digital CT

It became apparent that  to dedicate more time to the actual content of the paper and to reduce our waste problems, we would need to reduce our printing schedule.