Drue Sokol, Photo Editor

Freshmen elections officially came to an end on Wednesday, Sept. 12 when the Students’ Association (SA) announced this year’s picks for Class Council, Senate and Hall Councils.

The 2016 Class Council comprises Grant Dever, Alex Dwulit, Mikako Harata, Daniel Hargrove, Allen Liu, Douglas Reyes, Ulrik Soderstrom and Elisabeth Watson.

After what many students described to be a close senatorial race and an unprecedented 1,805 votes, the Class of 2016 elected freshmen Wesline Manuelpillal, Luke Metzler, Anthony Salazar and David Stark.

When asked about his goals for the year, Stark said the question was “difficult to answer” because meetings have not yet begun.

He did however express optimism that he would accomplish  a lot this year and “follow through with his campaign promises,” which include extending the hours at Douglass Dining Center and providing students with more fresh produce.

“I’d like to see strong involvement by the students to let [the SA] know what they want to get done,” Salazar said. Specifically, he mentioned  his agenda to ameliorate the long lines in Douglass Dining Center and Danforth Dining Hall, and “figure out a better system for the … post office” inside Todd Union.

According to the SA website, Senate is composed of 18 Senators, whose function is to make and implement decisions that enhance student life, from housing to dining services to safety.

Teitelman is a member of the class of 2016.

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…

🔴 Gaza solidarity encampment: Live updates

The Campus Times is live tracking the Gaza solidarity encampment on Wilson Quad and the administrative response to it. Read our updates here.

Notes by Nadia: What’s wrong with being a fan?

I wish that people would just mind their business and stop acting like being a fan of an artist is “weird.”