Fight ensues outside fraternity over a bar tab

While exiting Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity with friends, a student reported getting into a verbal argument with a suspect on April 3, according to UR Security Investigator Dan Lafferty.

The victim believes the argument was over a bar tab he has at the establishment where the suspect works.

Witnesses report that while arguing, a second suspect punched the victim, knocking him to the ground, according to UR Security.

Neither suspect was able to be located.

The victim was transported via patrol vehicle to Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Room for evaluation and treatment for a shoulder injury, according to UR Security.

The victim declined police notification at the time of this report, but the case is being investigated further, according to Lafferty.

Two suspects observed smoking

Two people were observed via closed-circuit television in River Lot engaged in questionable activity on April 4.

A homemade smoking device and a small quantity of marijuana were confiscated from a student and his visitor, according to UR Security.

Both were warned, and the visitor was temporarily banned from UR, according to Lafferty.

Unresponsive visitor in Munro bathroom

Officers were called to the first floor of Munro to inspect a non-responsive person in the bathroom on April 3.

Officers and Medical Emergency Response Team volunteers were unable to awake the suspect, according to Lafferty.

The 19-year-old visitor was taken to Strong for evaluation and treatment, according to UR Security.

Protesters call student a “murderer”

A student reported being annoyed by being called a “murderer” by non-affiliated protesters on the Eastman Quadrangle on April 4.

The “pro-life” group was protesting the Terri Schiavo case complete with surveys and bagpipe, according to Lafferty.

The suspect stated the victim simply misunderstood him – his goal was to represent the victim’s statements – and he was only trying to debate the matter with the victim, according to UR Security.

The suspect was warned and advised, according to Lafferty.

Student urinates on Gilbert Hall door

A Gilbert Hall resident heard a noise outside her door at 2:30 a.m. on April 2.

Upon checking on the noise via the door’s peephole, the student observed a suspect urinating on her door, according to UR Security.

The incident was not reported until the next day at 11:06 a.m., according to Lafferty.

No police report was filed, but the matter was referred to the Dean of Students Office and Residential Life for further inquiry and action, according to Lafferty.

Information provided by UR Security.

Paret can be reached at eparet@campustimes.org.

Furries on UR campus?

A few months ago, as I did my daily walk to class through the tunnels to escape the February cold,…

UR Softball continues dominance with sweeps of Alfred University and Ithaca College

The Yellowjackets swept Alfred University on the road Thursday, winning both games by a score of 5–4.