The Yellowjackets participated in the ?Cross Creek Apparel? Golf Classic in Hershey, Pa April 15 and 16. When the final standings came out, the team found itself in sixth place.

Freshman Dave Masters finished the tournament in third-place with a two-round score of 155.

His strong performance against the top players in District II was ?no surprise? to junior captain Joe Quijano.

Unfortunately the Yellowjack-ets did not compete so well as a team, watching their rivals, the College of New Jersey beat them by three strokes in the final score. They hoped to compete well with the schools in their district at this tournament that coach Rich Johnson said is their ?biggest of the year,? with fifteen participating schools.

The Yellowjackets hope to be one of three schools to be chosen from this district to attend the National Collegiate Athletic Association tournament held this year in St. Louis, Mo.

Without a solid showing in Hershey, UR?s hopes for a bid at the NCAA tournament are slim. ?We just can?t make those scores if you want to compete at that level,? junior Joe Quijano said.

The upcoming tournament for the Yellowjackets is the University Athletic Association Championships April 23-24 at the Rochester Country Club.

UR has finished second behind Emory the past six years at the UAA Championships. Last year, it lead Emory by 11 shots after the first day, only to lose the tournament after a disappointing second round.

?Obviously this showed we can compete with them,? Johnson said.

The team will sponsor the Kravetz Invitational April 27 at the Irondequoit Country Club, which will feature five area colleges. Johnson believes that UR is favored, citing Monroe Community College as its chief competition.

UR Womens’ Lacrosse trounces Nazareth 17-5

UR’s Womens’ Lacrosse team beat Nazareth University 17–5 on Tuesday at Fauver Stadium.

A reality in fiction: the problem of representation

Oftentimes, rather than embracing femininity as part of who they are, these characters only retain traditionally masculine traits.