There is nothing better than feeling bougie on a budget. Frittata sounds like the kind of thing that you can only get on an overpriced brunch menu. Don’t let yourself get ripped off. This crustless quiche is an easy, cheap, delicious meal that will make you feel like a master chef. What’s best is that you can throw whatever you got in the fridge in and it always comes out perfect. This recipe is my go-to, but if you want to mix it up, just keep the egg mixture the same and the sky’s the limit.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 2 tps of milk
- 1 small potato
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 handfuls of kale
- Salt and pepper
- Medium bowl
- 9-inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Dice the potato into 1 inch cubes.
- Add 1.5 tsp of oil to a pan on medium heat and add potatoes to the hot pan until light brown and partially cooked. Salt to taste.
- Slice broccoli into desired sized pieces and cook until dark green.
- Add the remaining oil and kale to the pan, and cook until wilted.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl and add cheese. Season to taste.
- Add the egg mixture directly onto the pan without stirring. Allow the eggs to cook until a crust forms around the edge of the pan and you can move the egg away from the rim with a spatula.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is cooked throughout and the mixture doesn’t move when the pan is moved.