Chi Huang, Staff Photographer

The University of Rochester Men’s Squash team was back in action this weekend, pulling off a major upset versus top-ranked Trinity College on Saturday. It is being referred to as “the biggest win in Rochester Squash program history” by sophomore team member Christian Riedelsheimer.

This win gives Men’s Squash great momentum as it moves forward into the more crucial parts of the season while simultaneously blemishing Trinity College’s previously undefeated record.

In addition to Saturday’s match versus Trinity College, the team played #12-ranked Drexel University on Sunday. The Yellowjackets started off the match with an early 3-0 lead, with wins from sophomore Ryosei Kobayashi, freshman Tomotaka Endo, and freshman Michelangelo Bertocchi at the two, four and six positions of 3-0, 3-1 and 3-0 respectively.

Drexel responded with a win at the #8 position, but it was far from enough. The Yellowjackets captured points in the remaining five matches, yielding a final score of 8-1. This gives the Yellowjackets an 8-3 record on the season.

The UR Squash team is hitting stride with great play from everyone at all positions on the team allowing the Yellowjackets to rally behind its 3 reigning All-Americans–Kobayashi, sophomore Mario Yañez Tapia, and junior Neil Cordell.

As the current #5 team in the most recent collegiate squash association rankings, UR Squash is showing great potential to be a challenger in the post-season, as confirmed by the thrilling Trinity upset and the dominant display against Drexel University.

In addition, the entire team will be eligible to return the following season, giving Rochester a rare combination of previous championship experience and youth–which will surely make them a huge contender in years to come.

Kuhrt is a member of the class of 2017.

Tips to make your blood donation most effective

Being cognizant of eating certain foods that boost the production of hemoglobin — the protein found in red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide — makes your blood donation slightly better than before, and it’s possible to get turned away from a donation if your hemoglobin levels are too low.

Music and Mogul Money: interviewing UR grad Philip Milman

A recent master’s degree graduate from the Eastman School of Music, Phil Milman ‘21, might now be a familiar face for any fans of famous Twitch streamers.

The truth about Apple

There’s nothing more exciting than unboxing your brand new phone. But in just one year, your phone is already considered outdated.