Junne Park, Senior Staff

Director of Campus Dining Services and Auxiliary Operations Cam Schauf confirmed modifications to next year’s dining plans at the Students’ Association Senate meeting on Monday, Jan. 28.

The biggest change is a restructuring of current Declining plans. Previously dollar-for-dollar, Declining plans will henceforth allocate approximately 20 percent of costs toward overhead expenses like kitchen maintenance and cleaning supplies.

The overhaul will also give all upperclassmen the option of an all-Declining plan, regardless of where they live.

“For students who want to keep their Declining, that’s still there,” Schauf explained. “To spread the Declining over more students, we had to change the way Declining plans look.”

According to Schauf, this decision was a response to increased student demand for more all-Declining plans, especially for upperclassmen living in freshman housing.

Besides the adjustments to Declining, Dining Services will roll-out two entirely new plans: a “150 Pass Plan,” which costs approximately $2,468 and a “125 Pass Plan,” which costs approximately $2,169. Both plans include $850 of Declining. For the Pass Plans, one pass equals one meal.

These prices for both Declining and unlimited plans are not final: they are likely to fluctuate as there will be a 3 to 4 percent increase in cost across the board, Schauf said.

“Still, the overhaul gets at all the main issues students are having now,” he added. “I hope students will find that the changes are easy to understand and give them the level of choice and flexibility they need.”

Gould is member of the class of 2014.

The NBA’s MVP candidates

Against the Cleveland Cavaliers, center Nikola Jokić posted 26 points, 18 rebounds, and 16 assists in 35 minutes. That same…

Dam Funny: A Review of “Hundreds of Beavers” – North America’s Largest Rodent Takes Center Stage

Our protagonist awakes in shoulder-deep snow. He is alone, without any worldly possessions. His applejack business is as good as gone.

Notes by Nadia: What’s wrong with being a fan?

I wish that people would just mind their business and stop acting like being a fan of an artist is “weird.”