1. Security officers responded to a mulch fire outside of Taylor Hall on Monday, Nov. 14 at 1:35 p.m. A UR staff member told Security that he had tried to put out the smoldering mulch, but it continued to reignite.
The Rochester Fire Department responded and was able to put out the fire, according to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty, who said the fire’s cause has not been determined.
Phone vanishes in blink of an eye
2. A student reported that her cell phone was stolen from her bag in Gleason Library on Nov. 14 around 4:45 p.m.
The student claimed that her phone was in her bag when she briefly left her things unattended to speak with a friend a few feet away.
She discovered that her phone was missing when she returned to her seat roughly five minutes later, Lafferty said.
Student incurs shoulder injury
3. Security transported a student from Goergen Athletic Center to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department after the student dislocated his shoulder during a racquetball game on Nov. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
No other details were available about the student’s injuries or condition, according to Lafferty.
Student suffers burns from soup steamer
4. A student was transported from Danforth Dining Center to Strong Emergency Department after burning his arm on Sunday, Nov. 13 at 6 p.m.
According to Lafferty, the student said he burned himself after taking a pot of soup off the steamer.
Eye poking not a game
5. Security officers took a student from The Commons to Strong Emergency Department after she sustained an eye injury on Saturday, Nov. 12 at 11 p.m.
The victim said she was accidentally poked in the eye by another student, according to Lafferty.
Suspect begs for cab fare
6. A graduate student reported that he was approached by an unknown man on Nov. 12 at 10:15 p.m. in the crosswalk near Hutchison Hall on Intercampus Drive.
The suspect told the student that his wife was in the hospital and that he needed money for cab fare to get home. The student responded that he had no money and walked away.
The victim subsequently called Security, who met him in the Wilmot Building lobby. Security checked the surrounding area to no avail, according to Lafferty, who said the suspect was last seen walking through Intercampus Drive Lot.
A footprint marks the spot
7. A staff member reported that her vehicle was damaged sometime between 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11 and 8 a.m. on Nov. 12 while parked in the Faculty Road lot near the Goergen Athletic Center.
According to Lafferty, the victim said that upon returning to her vehicle, she found a dent in the rear passenger door. The outline of a footprint was seen in the dent.
Buletti is a member of the class of 2013.
Information provided by UR Security.