1. Between 8 a.m. on Wednesday, March 23 and 8 a.m. on Thursday, March 24, unidentified suspects spray painted graffiti on the walls and doors in the tunnel system of Hillcourt. According to UR Security Investigator Daniel Lafferty, an inspection of the graffiti showed that none of it was derogatory or offensive. The graffiti was done with several colors of paint.
Laptop thief strikes at Frederick Douglass
2. An undergraduate reported on March 24 that he was using his laptop in Bausch & Lomb hall around 8 p.m. He then went to the Frederick Douglass Dining Center before returning to his room.
According to Lafferty, the student realized around 8:40 p.m. that he had forgotten to bring his backpack with him and went back to Douglass. He located his backpack, but his laptop, along with the case, was missing. No police report has been filed.
…and also at Gilbert
3. Between 4 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. on Saturday, March 26, an undergraduate reported his laptop stolen from the kitchen area adjacent to Gilbert 437. The student had been studying when his friends came over. He left his property in the kitchen and only realized the following morning that he had left it there.
According to Lafferty, when he went to retrieve the laptop, he only found his backpack with his books, but his laptop was missing. The victim claimed he would file a police report.
Staff member sent to Strong
4. At 2:09 p.m. on Friday, March 25, a staff member was transported via ambulance from Hutchison Hall to the Strong Memorial Hospital Emergency Department for care. According to Lafferty, he had reported that he was experiencing chest pain accompanied with dizziness and nausea.
Thief rocks out with car stereo
5. Between 12 p.m. and 2:20 p.m. on March 26, a visitor reported that an unknown individual broke the driver side window of his 2005 Honda Civic.
According to Lafferty, the car was parked in the Intercampus Drive Lot, and the car stereo was stolen. A police report was to be filed.
Intoxicated man at Eastman
6. An individual was found unconscious on the floor of the east wing of the Eastman Theatre at 4 a.m. on Sunday, March 20. He was roused by an officer and was identified as a highly intoxicated 21-year-old who was not affiliated with the University. He had found an exterior door unsecured and wandered into the theatre. Police and Rural Metro responded, taking the person by ambulance to Strong for further evaluation and care.
Lim is a member of
the class of 2014.
by UR Security.